OBD-II trouble code P0014 in Toyota Raize is the Camshaft Position “B”, which indicates Timing Over-Advanced (Bank 1) or System Performance. This means that the exhaust camshaft on cylinder one is too advanced.
In this article, I will be talking about the P0014 trouble code in Toyota Raize, its symptoms, causes, and how to fix it.
- P0014 Toyota Raize Trouble Code Definition
- What Does The P0014 Code Mean In Toyota Raize?
- Toyota Raize P0014 Code Possible Causes
- Toyota P0014 Raize Code Common Symptoms
- Is It Safe To Drive a Toyota Raize With a P0014 Code?
- How To Diagnose The P0014 Code In a Toyota Raize
- Toyota Raize P0014 Code: Common Diagnosing Mistakes
- How Much Does It Cost To Repair P0014 Code In Toyota Raize
- What Repairs Can Fix The P0014 Code in Toyota Raize?
- How To Fix The P0014 Code In Toyota Raize
- In Conclusion
P0014 Toyota Raize Trouble Code Definition
P0014 trouble code in Toyota Raize is defined as Camshaft Position Sensor B Timing Over-Advanced or System Performance (Bank 1).
What Does The P0014 Code Mean In Toyota Raize?
Toyota Raize’s trouble code P0014 is a trouble code that signals excessive timing advance (CMP) in the camshaft position.
You may see it alongside related codes like P0011, and P0012.
The location of the error is indicated by the trouble code P0014.
Bank 1 refers to the area of the engine that contains the first cylinder. Position “B”, which is an exhaust camshaft, can be found depending on vehicle model and make/model at either the rear or right side, from a driver’s perspective.
The P0014 trouble code indicates that the camshaft is too advanced. This indicates that it exceeds a threshold set in the Engine Control Module (ECM). It can either advance or retard its timing.
Toyota Raize P0014 Code Possible Causes
Toyota Raize P0014 trouble code is generated when the vehicle’s computer detects an over-advancing or premature exhaust camshaft on bank 1.
The check engine light will be illuminated to notify drivers, and the ECU will save a P0014 code.
Several things can trigger Toyota Raize’s P0014 code:
- Improper Camshaft Timing
- Defective Camshaft Timing Control Solenoid
- Variable camshaft tuning (VVT), or variable valve timing (VCT), fails
- The oil lines for the variable camshaft timing (VCT), or variable valve timing solenoid (VVT), become clogged with debris.
- Low Engine Oil
- Oil Pressure Low
- Defective Camshaft Position Sensor
- A neglected crankshaft position sensor
- Damaged wiring
- Defective timing belt or timing chain
- Defective Timing Tensioner
Toyota P0014 Raize Code Common Symptoms
- The Check Engine Light lights up, which indicates an issue.
- Camshaft problems could be the cause of this problem. As you turn the key, listen out for clicking sounds when the car starts and stops.
- Stalling may occur in the same way as problems with starting. Your vehicle may have difficulty idling, or stall randomly at lower speeds.
- P0014 Code May Cause Significant Decreasing Fuel Economy. This code, known as P0014, may cause an abrupt decline in fuel economy. It’s easier to detect.
- Noise and vibration from your Engine: A problem with the camshaft can result in a rough ride because of an improper fuel-air blend. Your vehicle might shake more than normal, emit more smoke, or be louder.
- Vehicles will fail emissions tests due to high exhaust gases.
Is It Safe To Drive a Toyota Raize With a P0014 Code?
No. It is unsafe to drive a Toyota Raize with the trouble code P0014 without first diagnosing the problem. A problem with the timing of the camshaft could cause engine failure. This can lead to expensive and lengthy repairs.
When their vehicle doesn’t respond or won’t start, many people are concerned. It all depends on what caused it.
Failure to maintain timing chains can lead to major engine damage. You should not neglect to bring your car to the mechanic for repairs. This could lead to more damage and costly repair bills.
How To Diagnose The P0014 Code In a Toyota Raize
- Connect an OBD2 reader and search for trouble codes that could cause the P0014 code. You can diagnose your P0014 issue by diagnosing the crankshaft or camshaft position sensors.
- Check your engine oil levels to ensure that it is adequate. If your oil level is low, either add oil or replace both oil and filter. Clear away any P0014 error messages and try again.
- You can check the oil filler cap as well as your service manual to see if there are any signs that the engine is clogging up. If you find any, it could indicate that your engine oil is old and has clogged up the oil lines to its variable valve timing (VVT), or variable camshaft tun (VCT), engine control valve. Change the oil.
- Your diagnostic scanner will allow you to check the variable valve timing or variable camshaft tun (VCT), solenoid. To determine if the VCT solenoid has moved, run an output test. If you have knowledge about car electrical, you can try to experiment with 12v+ electricity and ground.
- If possible, remove and clean the variable camshaft-tuning (VCT), and control valve solenoid.
- Verify that the crankshaft, camshaft, and crankshaft position sensors send the correct signals.
- Manually verify your engine’s timing. Consult your owner’s manual for specific instructions. If the timing chain/belt is broken, disassemble it to inspect for damage.
Toyota Raize P0014 Code: Common Diagnosing Mistakes
An error that Toyota makes when diagnosing the P0014 Code is mistaking the timing chain/belt for faulty.
Replacement can be costly. In some cases, the P0014 Code could also be caused other problems. For accurate results, it’s important to get a complete diagnosis.
Toyota‘s P0114 signifies a malfunctioning or damaged VVT/VCT system. It regulates camshaft timing. The other causes of P0114 could be an error camshaft position sensor (or low oil level).
How Much Does It Cost To Repair P0014 Code In Toyota Raize
It costs $160 to repair the P0014 code in Toyota Raize. Labor costs $90 while parts cost $70.
What Repairs Can Fix The P0014 Code in Toyota Raize?
- Change the oil filter and add or remove engine oil.
- Clean the oil lines for variable camshaft tuning (VCT), or variable valve timings (VVT) systems.
- Replace or clean the variable camshaft tuning solenoid (VCT), or variable valve timing solenoid (VVT).
- Replacing the timing chain or belt
- Replacing the solenoid of the camshaft timing control valve
- Adjust the Camshaft Position Sensor
- Replace the crankshaft position sensor
- Repair any defective wiring
How To Fix The P0014 Code In Toyota Raize
- Clearing error codes and performing a Road Test
- You can improve the performance of your engine and prolong its life by changing your oil filter with engine-specific oil.
- Repair or replace wiring to bank 1’s exhaust camshaft oil-control valve.
- Bank 1 must change the oil control valve for its exhaust camshaft oil.
- Follow the instruction manual to replace or fix the timing chain or camshaft-phasers.
Toyota Raize’s P0014 code indicates that there is a timing problem with the camshaft. The problem could be due to improper timing of the camshaft. You should fix this problem or face a high repair bill later on.
It can also be caused simply by insufficient engine oil, or malfunctioning camshaft position sensors – both of these are typically repairable for less than $200.
You can contact a qualified mechanic right away if you are unsure of your ability to solve the problem.