My name is Igor Iwanowski. I am the owner and content creator of www.carcarehacks.com. I am a certified Automotive Service Excellence (ASE) mechanic and a car detailer for 10 years. Over the years, I’ve gathered a lot of knowledge about cars, how they work, and how to repair them and I am writing about that on my blog carcarehacks.com.
I have only one goal, but it is a noble one. Many people just don’t have enough money to maintain their cars because some repairs can be quite expensive. However, I will provide step-by-step guides on how to fix the most common problems that cars have these days.
I have a 2007 Hyundai Santa Fe and a 2005 VW Touran in my backyard. The reason why I am better than others is that I have two actual cars that I recreate and photo document the fixing process. By following my articles, you will be able to fix your vehicles without spending a lot of money in the repair shops.
I graduated from economics school. But, my dream was to fix cars. Even before I graduated, I used to go to the local repair shop and just watch them fix things. I guess there is something in ‘fixing’ that really completes my soul.
Right after graduation, I went into the same repair shop where I used to hang out and asked for a job. They accepted me and boy oh boy, was I happy. I picked up things very fast and after two years of hard work, I was trusted to fix vehicles on my own, without having a senior mechanic around me. Soon enough, there were people coming to the shop and specifically asking for me to fix their cars.
• Expertise in diagnosing, troubleshooting, repairing and maintaining vehicles of all makes and models.
• Skilled with hand tools and power tools as well as diagnostic equipment.
• In-depth knowledge of engine systems, computerized components, brakes, drivetrains, fluids/lubricants, fuel injection systems, heating/cooling systems, and electrical wiring/components.
• Excellent communication skills; able to understand customer needs by accurately reading their descriptions of the problem so repairs can be completed effectively and efficiently.
• Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously and follow through until completion.
• ASE Certified in Automotive Technology and Engine Performance
In March 2018, I got my ASE (Automotive Service Excellence) certification. This is something that we mechanics hold very dear. The ASE certification is very precious and hard to get. But, with my knowledge and perseverance, I got this certification.
You can view my Facebook profile here.